On a happier note, Thanksgiving was great!! We spent all day cooking (we being Justin, Mom Anderson, and I)...and it was delicious! The only thing left out was carrot-raisin salad because none of them said they would eat it. I don't want to eat it all by myself! We had pumpkin pie, lemon-meringue pie, and pinto bean pie. Yup, you read that right! PINTO BEAN pie!! haha, it's a fantastic recipe that has literal mashed up pinto beans. BUT, it tastes deceivingly like Pecan pie. Ask Justin. he's the best pie critic. I was so happy it was well received!
I have pictures, but I haven't yet uploaded them to the computer. Caleb was our little Turkey and he was a gem while we cooked all day. Oh, and I got my hair cut! It's REALLY short, but I LOVE it! it's super easy...and even though it doesn't look great if I don't style it, it works.
I ordered Justin's Christmas present! Why does shipping cost more than the actual product? That doesn't make any sense to me! I had to order half as much as I wanted in order to keep within my budget because the shipping was so high! Ridiculous! But, I am excited to get it...hopefully he'll be excited too! :-)
We also ordered a cloth diaper for baby. It's from a lady I found on Craigslist who makes them. Yeah, not perfect, but she uses them and they're 1/2 as much as the big fancy company ones (we'd like those, but ya know, money). If the one we get works, we can get the 10 or so we need and spend HALF as much as we otherwise would. and that's saving lots of money in the end! So, we're hopeful about that.
AND English lessons went really, really well on Wednesday! My friend gave me these amazing lesson manuals from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They have a literary manual? yup! "Ye Shall Have my Words" Definitely inspired. Definitely inspiring. I'm so excited to help my friend hopefully improve her reading and writing.
Website is still underway. Once it is published, we will let you all know. We were approved for our third and final (yet crucial...they have a lot of games we wanted to sell!) drop shipper. We're working on getting them on the site, and then we'll publish! LOTS of work, but we're hopeful and excited about it, too!
Overall, life is very good. Constant things happening, especially since we are more involved in the ward now. It's all worth it.
1 comment:
Hoooooorrrrrrrraaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment