Thursday, November 12, 2009

Caleb's Romper

I think "romper" is a British word. Yes? maybe. It's the word used in my pattern book, which is a British pattern book. That was a really confusing part: the stitches are different! For you crocheters out there, an example is that a dc in England is a sc here. Yeah, that makes a difference on the pattern!

Anyway, here is Caleb's romper. I started this a while ago and it's taken me a LOT longer to finish than I thought it would. It's really cute, though, and I love it! I wanted to hurry and finish it because I was afraid it would be too small for Caleb. I didn't want to do all that work and then have him outgrow it!

So, the thing is, it opens from the back. Justin refuses to let him wear it to church (he agreed to ONE TIME) because since I am in Primary now, he has to take care of Caleb...and that means changing all of his diapers in the men's bathroom. And they only have a counter. No changing table.

Here it is: it's supposed to be a bear on the bum. That was my favorite part! Kind of pointless, I realize now, since Caleb is only ever showing his bum during tummy time. Oh well.

And here is the process of putting Caleb in it. LOL

And...He's swimming in it!! hahaha, it was hilarious!! I thought it would be too small, but man! We've gotta let him grow into it!



You can see here in this next picture just how big it is on him. Hopefully it'll fit him in a few weeks...maybe a month or two? I don't know! He grows so fast...
So, that's his romper. I've got a few more projects I'm wanting to make for him...a little sweater, for instance. I'm doing the 6-9 month old pattern for the sweater, and it makes me wonder how big that will be for him! I don't know. it's fun. So, yeah, heads up fam: my niece and nephews might be getting some crocheted things for Christmas!! That is, if I can find the time to make them. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Ambie, it is ADORABLE!!!! Good job! I love the bear on the bum!

what are you doin in primary?

Amber said...

I'm the secretary...as of 3 weeks ago. :)