Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Panic Time...and Happy time

So, now it's time to panic. There are two weeks left of school and I have got so much to do. I have a stained glass project to begin and finish plus a paper with it and a full on research project complete with annotated bibliography to get finished. Add on top of that the absolute necessity to play with family during Conference and Easter. Those two weekends are going to be so much fun...so some how I have to fit in homework time, too.

Aside from the stress and panic of school, I've finally passed the sick stage! Once I hit twenty weeks I stopped throwing up! haha, yeah, 5 months and I'm finally able to enjoy being pregnant. My enjoyment was a little delayed because I had a cold for two weeks which made me develop an earache...so even though I was "healthy" I didn't feel like it! But, all said and done, I'm feeling better. Better and better. I'm even cleaning and cooking again (that sure has made Justin happy!)

It's been a long time comin'!

Oh! and on Sunday I actually felt my little baby boy kick! It surprised me! It was during church and it made me jump! I wasn't for sure what it was, but when it happened 3 times in a row I knew it! It made me so happy! And then, he kicked me again when I was trying to go to sleep. Now, I know people talk about how their baby squirming keeps them awake and it comes at the most inconvenient times...and I might get to that point, but for now, I'm just excited and pleased to feel my baby move.

I think of it as tender mercies every time my baby moves. See, I get really paranoid when I don't feel him squirm. When I was sick, I knew my body was working right (ironic, right?) But when I started feeling better, I felt my anxiety rise ever so high. Every time I start to feel that tinge over take me, I say a little prayer, and then bam! I feel him move. Great tender mercies that we are blessed with. :-)

Well, that's all for this post!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray for baby kicks! Does he have a favorite spot to kick yet? eventually Gwen zeroed in on my belly button. She used to try to burrow out and I'd have to remind her that she was not going to successfully come out that way. :)

hey, cool that you're taking stained glass! I loved that class! Which project is this? ps. be sure to keep all your stuff in a safe place if you leave it in the sculpture lab. and DON'T leave it after the semester is over! I neglected to pick some of my stuff up after the semester ended and went back after a couple of days... much to my chagrin, it was already "gone" to some happy people somewhere. You'll have to take pics of your projects and post them for all to see!

Amber said...

Just to clarify, it's not a stained glass class...it's just a stained glass project for my History of Creativity class. Justin is going to be helping me, so it'll be fun. I've never done anything like it before! I will certainly post pictures once they are completed...assuming it's not too embarrassing.

Also, little baby tends to kick up high, above my belly button on the curve up there. It's so fun! He had a fit on Saturday morning so Justin actually got to feel him! yaya! :-)