Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hair Cut


So, I have needed a haircut for a long time now. I have been putting it off for a while now, and we decided that we could save a bit of money by having Amber cut my hair. Now, its not that I don't trust her, but I will admit that I was very hesitant to let her cut my hair. But, we had a set of clippers that we got for Christmas... so Wednesday was the appointed day.

I have to admit, for it being her first time, she did a pretty good job. It was slightly scary when she started out by reading the instructions on hair cutting.

Well, for those of you who are unaware, the guards on the clippers all have numbers... from 1-8. The instructions say to start with a small number on the lower part of your head, then go to the next largest number for the next part. The idea is to have a gradual taper.

About halfway through the haircut, Amber realized that she had reversed the instructions... she was cutting the top of my head short, and leaving the sides long... Oops!

Luckly it all turned out all right.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is HILARIOUS!!! How come we don't get to see a picture of the finished cut?

I really don't like the SUPER short look that you often get with the clippers. Maybe bc Eric's head is shaped kinda "uniquely". I like to cut the back and sides with the clippers but use scissors for the top so that I can control the style a lil more. It takes more time. And I'm not perfect at it yet. We've had some interesting results. But whenever Eric's hair starts to get unruly and yet we can't seem to squeeze in time for a cut, he starts threatening to just "take the number 8 to my whole head" and that is motivation enough for me to find time for a cut!