I wanted to let everyone know just how awesome and amazing my husband is for making Mother's Day super special for me!
First, I had a rough night because Caleb decided he didn't want to sleep anymore. I was up bright and early at 5:30a.m. and was very bitter about it. I kept sarcastically saying to myself, "Happy Mother's Day!" Needless to say, I had a bit of a pity party to be up so early on MY day.
Then, I decided to pray for patience. and energy. and love. Of course, I felt the love for my baby return and even though I was tired, I was no longer angry at him---I felt so bad for being angry at my almost-9-month-old! He doesn't do it on purpose! Justin made me feel better too by saying that Caleb just wanted to spend more time with me on Mother's Day....to make me feel special. :-D
So, after the morning was normally underway, Justin made an AWESOME breakfast! I'm sorry we didn't take pictures of breakfast or dinner: bacon quiche tarts, with puff pancakes, strawberries, orange juice...AH, it was delicious!
Dinner didn't happen until after church, but it too was very good: Sun-dried tomato chicken with bow tie pasta, freschetta bread with bruschetta, yummy salad, and a deletable raspberry bar superb dessert.
I was so stuffed! But it was delicious!
Aside from all the food Justin made, he and Caleb gave me some AWESOME gifts:
1) Beautiful flowers that Caleb selected because they looked tasty. haha, complete with two-toned roses!
2) M-Cups!
We found these on a random site a while ago, and I LOVED them! They're nesting dolls that function as measuring cups. yeah, if you know me, and you know me and Russia, you know why I was so excited by them! I've been missing Russia a bit lately, just with pictures and such, so these were a wonderful thought! Now I just need a kitchen...
3) Rubber stamps! I'm also quite into carding, so a set of rubber stamps made my imagination go crazy! I just wanna send cards for fun (don't be surprised...) This isn't the exact picture of the ones I got, but they're close.
In addition to these material gifts, I received a wonderful reminder how blessed I am to be a mother. Caleb is a doll and even when I'm not the best mother or the most patient with him, he still LOVES me. And that is a gift.
Having a wonderful husband who supports me so much in motherhood: he makes me feel like I'm the best thing ever created! haha He gives me confidence to keep trying. And he loves me, too!
Happy belated Mother's Day everyone!
In addition to these material gifts, I received a wonderful reminder how blessed I am to be a mother. Caleb is a doll and even when I'm not the best mother or the most patient with him, he still LOVES me. And that is a gift.
Having a wonderful husband who supports me so much in motherhood: he makes me feel like I'm the best thing ever created! haha He gives me confidence to keep trying. And he loves me, too!
Happy belated Mother's Day everyone!
3 comments:
AWESOME sounding food! hmmm... I think it is lunch time!
and those are AWESOME measuring cups, perfect for your Ruskie-you!
Wow, I should have come to your house Sunday for dinner! jk, my food was good to that day! you just made yours sound better.
The food descriptions are making me hungry! What an awesome gormet day! And um, yay for baby boys that just want to see us, even at 5:30 am. you're such a good mom!
Post a Comment