Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life as we Know it

This is just a collection of pictures of my kiddos. Some of them are cute...some of them are funny...all of them make me smile. :)


almost 8 months old! (this is 1 month ago...yeah yeah yeah)


We discovered that she LOVES green bean casserole. She couldn't eat it fast enough! Her normal gorging was put to shame when she realized that food could actually taste GOOD! lol


My nearly perfect homemade tortilla. I was so proud! I really like this recipe I found (it's not online, so let me know if you're interested). It's one of the best I have tried: the tortillas have just enough elasticity, and they make good sized tortillas, and it doesn't use a ton of oil because there is oil directly in the dough. I used this batch to make enchiladas for the missionaries. I felt so supremely domestic. :)


Caleb trying out Justin's ear buds. He liked the music a lot!


Remember that special dinner I was planning? The one that I needed the Hawaiian sea salt for? Well, we ended up doing it. I just improvised and did Kabobs instead. It ended up being a success and I enjoyed the night with my sweetheart. And here's Caleb sporting the appropriate garb.


Mackenzie just giving me a crazy grin on Valentine's Day. See that double chin!?! She eats so much!!


She really wanted that tomato..."I wish my mouth was bigger." (don't talk to me about the improper grammar in that sentence...it's a QUOTE! lol. 10 points if you can name that movie)


I'd been wanting to do this for a while, and one day, I did. I took the car seat box from Caleb's new car seat we bought before Christmas, and I punched holes in it, stuck some Christmas lights down through them, and called it a "star cave." Yay! lol Caleb loved it and insisted Mackenzie join him. She seemed to enjoy it well enough.

Which ones were cute? Which ones were funny? Did any of them make you smile?

2 comments:

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

that's good b/c I"ve had some pretty lousy homemade tortilla recipes! Nice bow Kenzie's wearing! did you go private?

Amber said...

yeah, we went private. I love the bow! Sadly, she's figured out how to take them off and always strangles herself with them...so she wears them for about 3 mins at a time. Enough for a picture! :) The tortilla recipe is from the book "Remedies for the I-Don't-Cook Syndrome." It's a great book!