The people. They are crazy over their football. This is a home game, not even Homecoming. We walked down to the Institude building for a pancake breakfast...and then we walked back. The tailgater here are just crazy. They have to close off the streets because there are so many people. There are cars parked anywhere they can; people charge upwards of $30 for parking if they live close to campus. And the golf course across the street from us even turns into a parking lot; there are even 5th Wheels camped out. The tailgating is just intense. These people LOVE their football team. I've heard that the school even had to change the game times from evening to more morning/afternoon because people would start drinking the night before no matter what time the game started. You could smell it too. It was such a fanaticism I don't think I've ever expereienced. I don't know if I"ll ever get that Hawkeye fever. Maybe I'll get a t-shirt before we leave.
My sweet baby girl. It was a chilly day about a month ago. We've since had numerous days of Indian Summer. We just enjoy being outside when we can.
Caleb with his friend Jack. They are a couple months apart in age and play quite well together.
Caleb in the jacket I made for him. I seriously started it about 2 years ago...thought I'd finish it for his first Christmas. Then when that didn't happen I thought I'd finish it for his 2nd Christmas. When THAT didn't happen it was a full year, to the day, before I worked on it again. And then when I did finally finish it, it wasn't too small or too big...but he was afraid of it. I finally coaxed it on him when he was sick (shameful?). And now's he okay with it. I spent so much time on it, I was really sad that he wouldn't wear it!
1 comment:
I think Caleb's jacket is so cute! Good job. and lucky it still fit and that he adjusted to wearing it because he was too weak to protest. :)
Post a Comment