Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Family: Isn't it about...


...story time with Daddy! Caleb loves to sit on the same lap that Mackenzie is on, and let's just say Justin is a bit more successful at handling both of them. This is a common scene, though: both kids on daddy's lap while he reads a story. Or two.



...cooking. Caleb has started to love helping me around the house. He's so good about getting what I ask, or putting this where I ask...and he loves to watch me in the kitchen. Here, we're making breadsticks for our Sunday dinner. Since he loves to eat them, I figured he'd love to help make them. I was right. Oh, and that apron...my mother gave to me at my Bridal shower: "Warning: Chef in Training." Glad it doesn't fit me anymore.


...smiling. Mackenzie's first time in the Jumperoo! I wasn't sure when she'd want it, but she loves to stand and jump frankly, it gets tiring! I was so happy to get a smile out of her while she enjoyed this new form of play and exercise. I can't believe she's already so big! She doesn't jump all that much, but she loves to have her legs straight out underneath her.


...celebrating! Justin has loops!! These are those expensive dental glasses that magnify the patient's mouth without causing prolonged discomfort for the dentist from hunching over all the time. These are actually a huge blessing: Loops aren't required until your second year of dental school, but it is good to get them before so you are acquainted with them before you actually need to be using them. Well, we couldn't afford them this year. Plain and simple. We thought maybe in the summer after we know where we stand a bit more, maybe we'd get them a few month early. But, then, Justin got an email from the Dean that a few of the professors had donated their old loops/frames and if you wanted them, email her. He did. It was a first come-first serve basis...but we got them! So, in order to get them fitted for his prescription and make them his own, it cost $205. New loops cost close to $1500. wow. That was (and is) such a huge blessing!! I'm still so grateful for the Lord's hand in our lives.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

when you told me the loops story over the phone, I don't think I quite grasped the financial magnitude. But I get it now. What a miracle!

Unknown said...

oh, and were you kidding about the apron once fitting you? Did it shrink? or was it always intended for a child?

Amber said...

the apron was always intended for a child...but I used to wear it. now it doesn't fit me size-wise or ability-wise (thankfully!)