It seems like so much has happened in such a short amount of time. But then again, nothing extremely "significant" has happened. Sometimes it seems like I do the same thing every day, week by week...and before I know it, 5 months have gone by! But what have I accomplished? This is something I almost have to write down for myself because I get so caught up in the "I've done nothing" mindset...
And writing it down really does make a difference. Every week I make a list. Then I check it off. What I don't get done, goes on to next week. I don't get caught up in what i DON'T get done. I focus on what I DID get done. And it works.
So what HAVE I done? Well, it's interesting that I've started to feel more like a "member" of this commonwealth (lol, yes, commonwealth; not state). I think the even that finally made the switch final for me was the involvement and camaraderie I felt with the most recent special election to fill the Senate seat left vacant by senator Kennedy. It's interesting...
So, I'm registered to vote here; I voted in the primaries; I voted on Tuesday; I finally converted my driver's license to MA...and paid an outrageous $100.00!! Yeah, that makes no sense...
Anyway, it's just nice to feel like I HAVE made progress...I feel like I AM making a difference...and my mundane, ever-so-simple daily routine is a great achievement.
That's saying something for me.
What makes you feel like you've accomplished something? How do you fill that "I need to feel important" necessity?
And writing it down really does make a difference. Every week I make a list. Then I check it off. What I don't get done, goes on to next week. I don't get caught up in what i DON'T get done. I focus on what I DID get done. And it works.
So what HAVE I done? Well, it's interesting that I've started to feel more like a "member" of this commonwealth (lol, yes, commonwealth; not state). I think the even that finally made the switch final for me was the involvement and camaraderie I felt with the most recent special election to fill the Senate seat left vacant by senator Kennedy. It's interesting...
So, I'm registered to vote here; I voted in the primaries; I voted on Tuesday; I finally converted my driver's license to MA...and paid an outrageous $100.00!! Yeah, that makes no sense...
Anyway, it's just nice to feel like I HAVE made progress...I feel like I AM making a difference...and my mundane, ever-so-simple daily routine is a great achievement.
That's saying something for me.
What makes you feel like you've accomplished something? How do you fill that "I need to feel important" necessity?
4 comments:
I've started doing a similar thing where every night I write down what I need/want to get done the following day, and then the next night I scratch off what I did. It really does boost morale when I can look and see that I actually did something productive, though in truth, cuddling is very productive!
Haha, Yes, Judy i totally agree! Cuddling IS very productive; and we don't get to do that too often now that Justin's schedule is so insanely busy. It's still a treasure. :-)
good idea... I think I'm adding "cuddling" to my to-do list! Maybe also "get a back massage"! :)
To answer more seriously: I have done the to-do list for a looooooong time. Sometimes I feel great, sometimes it just frustrates me to see how few things I got to cross off. For those days, it helps to think more about blessings from the Lord than on what I've accomplished. I try to keep a daily journal at night to record the hand of the Lord in my life.
So true, Elisa. Wasn't it President Eyring who said he kept a journal so that he'd see how the Lord has blessed him? It's so true. I know keeping a journal does that for me too...but I don't get around to writing in it EVERY day. I aim for every week.
I love the comments!
Post a Comment