Monday, January 25, 2010

House Remont

That's a bit of Russian for you...It's not in Cyrillic, but it's still the same: Remont. It means construction.

Anyway, these are a few more pictures of the projects going on here at the house...

BEFORE: disgusting!!! I know. I couldn't stand to rinse diapers in the toilet becaue i could smell this every time. And cleaning it seemed like a joke! The bowl wasn't this dirty, mind you, but it still made a presence. This is mildew. Just in case you weren't sure. GROSS!


And this AFTER! yaya, clean toilet! This was done to both toilets in the house. New flushers and valves and other things were put in. it was an all day project. So gross. But I'm really grateful to have it done since we're hopefully going to be switching to cloth diapers soon and I don't wanna gag every time I rinse one out in the toilet! Thanks goes to Justin. He works hard!! :-)


And here is the man himself! lol
This is head.
It's in the ceiling.
He is in the attic.

The project this time was replacing the vent/heater in the bathroom. That required lots of re-wiring, cutting a bigger hole in the ceiling, and poor Justin spending lots of time with his next to the roof surrounded by insulation.


We just thought this was funny. Dad's not really on the pot. :-) But that's where Justin spent about half of his day. Again...he works so hard!

So...small details that take a lot of time...and this is why it doesn't really feel like we've made much progress. Because who notices a new vent/heater?

No comments: