Well, we survived MA. It was actually quite productive, we broke even from selling vintage toys, and we came back with a bunch of miscellaneous items (crafts, kitchen items) and many more to be mailed and even more bookmarked as future gifts. So, it was TON of work. Our 4 hour drive home from the airport took us 12 hours because Justin and I kept stopping to sleep. We were THAT tired! We finally made it home and went to the state fair!
Caleb and Mackenzie had a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa, despite being sick when we left them. They not only got used to them but now that Grandma and Grandpa have left, Caleb and Mackenzie are both still asking about them. Kenzie even says "Papa"!
Well, Justin went back to school on Monday. This year is going to be one crazy year. In addition to his crazy schedule of classes, he has research he's trying to finish up, Boards he's studying for, and an extra online class that he's doing. Not to mention US! lol He's gonna work hard, but it's been so nice to have a summer he's having a hard time diving in right now!
As for me, I'm enjoying getting back to routine. We rearranged our furniture a few weeks ago and I'm LOVING it! It's also finally cooling down a bit so we stand being outside. And we have friends. That's always good. :) I'm working on sewing my shirt, making burp rags, and just enjoying my kiddos. I'm still working with the Young Women at church and that takes a lot of time, but it's very fun, too.
Caleb is now 3 years old! We had his party before we left for MA. Justin and I stayed up late working on his cake (pictures later). We had planned to do a water-themed fireman-type party...and woke up to a drizzly day. So we improvised. But Caleb didn't really wanna play any games anyway. So we watched the rocket launcher Justin had made, ate cake, and handed out goody bags. It was fun...just not the fun I'd planned on! Caleb is my little sweet heart. He loves being a "big boy" and loves "having a watch just like you do." He loves his sister but also forgets that she's not a toy and not as big as he is. He loves to sing his ABC's and pushing his bubble lawn mower around.
Mackenzie will be 15 months in 2 days, so I might as well give a bit of an update on her. She jabbers. Mama, Papa, Dada, Gaga (Caleb), "Dach" is dog, as well as any other animal. She loves to dance to music, signs "please," "more," "all done," and "banana." She loves to scream. YAY. we all love that stage, right? She has finally slowed down on teething, so she is SLEEPING at night. woo hoo! I can do a dance just for that! She wants to be just like Caleb and will play with cars and follow him around and then scream at him if he gets too close.
I love moments when my kids play well together. Just this morning they were pushing various toys around the sidewalk square and Mackenzie would veer off the sidewalk, Caleb would straighten her out and beckon for her to continue, and she would follow his lead. I love seeing that she trusts him, despite how much they egg each other on. They are both at a fun age and it's great to see them interact and play willingly with each other!
Well, that's about it! Life is happening and we are all growing and keeping busy!
2 comments:
so glad for the written update... can't wait for pictures! (no rush, though. You take care of what matters most, girl, I can wait.)
Such a great update. You guys are living a busy busy life and I"m impressed with your up-beat-ed-ness! And isn't it joy watching them play together?!?! mmm. Good luck this semester!
Post a Comment