And I mean "holidays"....Thanksgiving and Christmas! Otherwise I would have said "Tis the Christmas season..."

Mackenzie was our little Turkey on Thanksgiving! We got to eat with a couple of friends in our complex, potluck style. It was so good and I was so glad to be able to get all the food without having to cook it ALL!
I never posted about gratitude either. There is so much that I am grateful for. One thing that I've been feeling lately is the power to be informed and to have an opinion and to make my own choices. The gift of agency is amazing. I am so grateful for the opportunity each day to try and be a better Mama, be a better wife, a better friend; each day is a new day. I'm grateful for my family. Most of all, I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. Teaching Caleb about Him always makes me emotional. If I start to feel distant, I just hone in on Him and His life and I feel His spirit reaffirm His divinity and His love for me. It's wonderful.
Mackenzie was our little Turkey on Thanksgiving! We got to eat with a couple of friends in our complex, potluck style. It was so good and I was so glad to be able to get all the food without having to cook it ALL!
I never posted about gratitude either. There is so much that I am grateful for. One thing that I've been feeling lately is the power to be informed and to have an opinion and to make my own choices. The gift of agency is amazing. I am so grateful for the opportunity each day to try and be a better Mama, be a better wife, a better friend; each day is a new day. I'm grateful for my family. Most of all, I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. Teaching Caleb about Him always makes me emotional. If I start to feel distant, I just hone in on Him and His life and I feel His spirit reaffirm His divinity and His love for me. It's wonderful.
And that leads us directly to His birth: Christmas! I'm so excited about Christmas this year...Caleb is practicing his Santa visit conversation, we've got some fun gifts for our kiddos, we have a tree (seen being decorated)...it's magical!
And here it is! We had an old mattress cover that was used when we moved and it hadn't made it's way to Goodwill yet....with a few cuts, a few folds, some maneuvering, and voila! A tree skirt!
I really love our tree. It's a real one. Cheap, so it's already dried out hard core, but the needles haven't dropped yet. It's just exciting! And Caleb loves the lights.
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
I love that it leans over to one side. That's a good indicator of a real tree, alright! Does it smell luscious?
you look really good, girl. that gym time is paying off, I'd say!
Post a Comment