It seems like I have a constant struggle with patience. Some days (like yesterday) are just perfect...I feel truly blessed with an added measure of patience that allows me to just enjoy my kiddos for who they are!

But then there's today...where before 8:00a.m. I've already had to raise my voice at Caleb 3 times. I hate it when I do. I feel awful. I feel like a terrible mother. I just don't know what to do when he doesn't listen. And so I'm learning.
With that in mind, you can imagine why last week, after an especially hectic and baby/toddler crying morning that resulted in a reluctance to go to church (never happened before!), I was not too thrilled when I was called to teach Sunbeams. I love kids. I love working in Primary. and I finally have a calling! But man...it was not the beset morning to tell me I now have a class of three year old's I'm in charge of on Sundays. *sigh*
Luckily, those good days, even good hours, or even more so good moments are what help me get through those rough days.
Like when Caleb hugs me; or he puts his dishes in the sink; or he tries on my shoes and walks around (still); or when he spontaneously says, "I love you, Mama."; or when he gets up from his nap and sees me sleeping and plays quietly so I can finish my much-needed nap; or when he decides to take his pants off at the grocery store (I found it hilarious!)...he is such a nut and it's those precious moments that make me love being a mama.
But then there's today...where before 8:00a.m. I've already had to raise my voice at Caleb 3 times. I hate it when I do. I feel awful. I feel like a terrible mother. I just don't know what to do when he doesn't listen. And so I'm learning.
With that in mind, you can imagine why last week, after an especially hectic and baby/toddler crying morning that resulted in a reluctance to go to church (never happened before!), I was not too thrilled when I was called to teach Sunbeams. I love kids. I love working in Primary. and I finally have a calling! But man...it was not the beset morning to tell me I now have a class of three year old's I'm in charge of on Sundays. *sigh*
Luckily, those good days, even good hours, or even more so good moments are what help me get through those rough days.
Like when Caleb hugs me; or he puts his dishes in the sink; or he tries on my shoes and walks around (still); or when he spontaneously says, "I love you, Mama."; or when he gets up from his nap and sees me sleeping and plays quietly so I can finish my much-needed nap; or when he decides to take his pants off at the grocery store (I found it hilarious!)...he is such a nut and it's those precious moments that make me love being a mama.
In this picture Caleb and I took a Mama-Caleb date to Mcdonalds. He has a CTR-sticker chart that he gets to put stickers on every time he makes a good choice (like not screaming, yes picking up toys, no biting, and listening). Well, after forsaking it for a few weeks, we started it up again and he filled it up so quickly!! I was so proud. And I loved our date together.
3 comments:
i'm right there with you, sis, almost identically. Gwen doesn't bite or hit, that might be the only difference. Good ideas for helping to encourage good choices!
sorry your calling came on not such a great day. For what it is worth, you're going to be amazing at it! How are you feeling about it now?
HA! I laugh only because last week I (and Jonathan) was called to teach the 10-11 year olds in our ward...this is the exact age I teach every single day in school. We were also called as scout leaders over the same age group. So now I get them M-F, Wed night and Sunday. I almost cried when I got the calling. I love my students but sometimes I want to die. Haha. but we will both rock it, I'm positive.
He plays quietly while you nap?? um, awsome! And you will be awesome in primary. Just got called in too. My sister-in=law nce said (in context of home schooling) that all the mothering-practice made her a much much bettermother. You wil have to pass along some of your lesson plans
Post a Comment