Saturday, May 14, 2011

Surprise Baby Shower

I just had to spotlight this fabulous event and the wonderful friends who put it on:
Thank you Karen and Natalya!



All this was planned, set up, coordinated, and executed without me even suspecting a thing.

Justin got me to the church by telling me we were helping to clean it. Not an unreasonable story because we'd been wanting to help clean for a few months, but it had never worked out.

So, we get there, find the First Counselor, and I ask him where he wants us, or needs us, to clean. He says, well, We're all done. I was like, "Really?" He looked at Justin and said, "Did you send me an email?" Justin responded, "It's okay, we'll try again another time." I was a little bummed, but whatever. So I said, "Well, I guess we'll go home then." Then I started seeing some friends...many of them...and I thought, "Hmph, they got invited to something I didn't get invited to. Oh Well."

And then there were whispered comments of, "Don't you have something?" "Shh, she doesn't know." And I was about to tell Justin, "I think they're planning something for me sometime," when I was stopped midway to the car, told I needed to see something...and walked into the gym decorated and prepared all for me and our little expected girl.

I was so touched. I didn't think I needed a baby shower, nor did I think I would get one. With Caleb, we sort of planned our own...and that was when I thought I needed one. To have this one such a surprise and such a SPLURGE...I cried on the way home! It was so wonderful, and I felt so loved by everyone there. I have all the cute girly, frilly things that I wanted but knew weren't necessities so I wasn't going to worry about buying them. It just made me feel so special and so grateful.

Thank you to all my friends who made it happen! You guys are great!

No comments: