I love Caleb's reasoning about things. It just cracks me up! His newest thing is to say, "I have an idea!" and then proceed to explain a resolution to all our problems. I'm also inspired by other friends posting about the funny things their kids say. I had to join in!
Like when we were coming home from the gym and he wanted to go to Costco. It was getting late and we needed lunch, plus I had already spent my Costco budget for the month, and I didn't want the temptation of going back in there, so I said, "Not today." He tells me, "I have an idea! How about we go to Costco and eat only the samples?!" I thought about it and then laughed at how perfect it sounded! I also think it's funny that he even remembers that Costco is for samples.
Then one day at lunch he told me he wanted a baby brother for his birthday (not even close to happening, gang! He just likes babies). I told him babies take a long time to make and he said, "Well why don't we all go get started? We can do it during family home evening!" Well, what a brilliant idea! haha
He looked at my red carnations the other day and said," Do flowers have blood? Is that what makes them red?" He's very interested in the body and how everything works, so this was a natural connection for him to make.
He also decided to move Valentine's Day on our magnetic calendar because he wanted it to happen again this month. It's now on the 28th. Double the Love!
Oh to see the world through a child's eyes! It's refreshing and humorous! :)
2 comments:
What a cutie!
I really can't imagine why you didn't think his suggestion to make a baby brother during home evening was not absolutely brilliant. Or why you wouldn't include two little munchkins in that activity in the first place. I mean really - family bonding time...Hello!
Post a Comment