Monday, October 8, 2012

Brother, Sister and Birthday Parties

One morning I was too tired to get up so I asked Caleb to get Mackenzie some breakfast (a rare occasion, don't get too jealous. Plus, imagine the mess!). But then an even greater gift was hearing them play nicely together. I came down the stairs as quietly as I could and spied them sitting together reading books. I love little moments like these (I think I've mentioned before) when they are friends. I ran upstairs to grab the camera but Caleb heard me and kind of ruined the magic, but I still caught a trace of it. :)



And our little Mackenzie is a nut. She's just crazy! She runs around, grunts, throws royal tantrums if we touch something that she wants, or if we don't, and has an obsession with her binkies. We say she "chain binkies." Working on that one. Here's a little example of how much she love them. Even if she has one in her mouth, if she spies another one, she insists of having it, too. Usually it's just in her hand, but this time she decided she could try put both in her mouth. And she did.

Those beautiful brown eyes get a very mischievous gleam when she knows she's doing something she shouldn't be doing: throwing food on the floor, walking all over library books, throwing things down the stairs, getting her brother into trouble. She's going to be a wild one!

Caleb has been invited to two separate birthday parties the past couple of weeks, which has been a lot of fun! I decided to go cheap with the first one and so for the gift bag we decorated a white lunch bag with stamps and stickers. Caleb had a blast!

 
 


And at the end of one of the birthday parties, we were walking back to the car and there was another of those friend moments. Walking side by side, Caleb guiding Mackenzie softly and patiently...but I was too slow with my camera. Hopefully they stay friends!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chain binker. That's what she is. :)

LOVE the stolen moments of friendship. So rare around here. I keep wondering when they're going to start liking each other.