Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here comes another one!

Another year has entered our realm of influence while the last one has dismissed our presence with a final breath of triumph.

At least, I like to think it was a triumphant, successful, and ever so blessed year!

We, uh, never got Christmas letters out (sorry everyone!), so, consider this your update. But despite the lack of newsletter, the year 2011 was a grand one for the Justin Anderson family.

Here's a recap of our highlights, in attempted chronological order:

1. Justin was accepted to dental school. We eventually chose the University of Iowa, putting us in Iowa City, Iowa for at least the next 4 years.

2. Justin had a birthday. :)

3. We bought a car! Hopper's the name. And thus we learned to drive stick.

4. We took an awesome family trip to New York, New York!

5. I had a surprise baby shower thrown by some great friends in MA.

6. We welcomed our sweet Mackenzie into our family. She's such a blessing and a joy!

7. Justin attended the Summer Program at UofI and found us a great place to live!

8. I had a birthday. :)

9. Justin successfully cleaned out his parent's attic and made a few last minute updates to their house.

10. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary!

11. We CRAMMED everything into a Uhaul, our car, and Justin's parent's truck and moved ourselves to Iowa City!

12. Caleb turned 2. And started talking (so he stopped screaming!). And he kept talking. A lot. It's so much fun, mostly!

13. Caleb was Nemo for Halloween, while Justin was P. Sherman.

14. We shared Thanksgiving with some friends in our complex. And then I ventured out Black Friday morning for the first time (never again!).

15. Justin not only survived, but excelled in his classes. He worked so hard and we know he was blessed in his efforts. We feel very blessed to have completed one semester of dental school!

16. We celebrated Christmas down in AR with my family, which was great.

17. Mackenzie decided it was okay to take a bottle. and formula. Thank you Grandpa for helping her decide to be independent.

18. Justin and I had our own New Year celebration complete with egg rolls and taquitos. We finished reading the Book of Mormon as part of our celebration and then watched a Monk episode.

It has been an awesome year! Thanks for sharing it with us! We are excited about this next year and are hoping to plan out our goals this week. I do love the fresh start of a New Year and the chance to improve myself all over again!

1 comment:

Pressett Family said...

hahaha the title of this post threw me off for a minute! I thought you were referring to another child! And I was thinking, "Dang, you're fast! life must be oh so grand to be on round 3 already!" Good thing I kept reading....and you were just talking about 'another year'!