So, Amber and I woke up on December 1st to find acceptance offers from 4 dental schools! Hooray! We have been accepted at Ohio State, Case Western, University of Oklahoma, and University of Minnesota. Oklahoma and Ohio State were two of our top three. (The only one of our top choices that we have not heard from yet is University of Iowa.)
So, I was not actually expecting such a good showing from dental schools this early. I was always expecting to accept whichever school accepted me. Now we have the blessing (and curse) of choosing a dental school. So, any input? Where should we go?
9 comments:
Oklahoma:
1. - We're here!!!
2. - If you move into our ward, there is a good chance that you will be classmates with a fellow ward member (he just got accepted, but is waiting to hear back from a school in UT to make a decision)
3. - Ohio State v. Oklahoma...BOOMER SOONER!
4. - You have a boy, we have 2, they go well together.
5. - If we are in the same state, there are better odds that Justin and Katie will be lured here.
6. - Local weather in Norman today: 69. Columbus: 32. Des Moines: 37.
ha ha, gotta love Dale's response. He's got some good points....
but you know my vote! :)
I have heard awesome things about ohio states dental program... and if u decide to go into orthodontics their program is great for that too (so i hear). congrats to u guys!!!
Yes, quite the blessed curse. I live in Minneapolis and we have a lot of young families in our ward going to dental school (yes, the whole family, lol). They seem to like it overall, and our student family housing community is great, as I told Amber. And we lived in Cleveland for 6 weeks one summer, I swear 75% of the ward were dental students. It was a great ward! I haven't heard anything bad about either schools. If you want to talk to a student from here about the school (any year), I could get you in touch. Good luck!
Update: We actually got up to 72, and still might get to 73...yeah, it rocks here.
Congrats Justin, That's great news. I am hoping for the same kind of fortune in internships this summer.
Congrats guys!! That's fantastic and aren't choices always fun! Just pull one out of a hat :)
Hooray for Justin! I don't know where you should go, so I'm voting for the closest to Utah/Colorado (we'll be in CO next summer).
The buckeye in me would say "O-H-I-O!" but that doesn't seem practical. Its a great school, though, but it seems far from where y'alls families are.
Post a Comment