Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Finally, a break!

Justin finally gets a break. So do I, I guess.

He pulled nearly an all-nighter Monday night (2 hours of sleep) to finish a paper after taking a test.

He's been working like mad to get the tile up in the bathroom. That includes using a tile cutter outside when it's dark and so cold that there are ice crystals on the blade. Luckily, he's not sick! He's a rock!

I'm so excited for the bathroom to be finished. Ah, I want a bath so bad. Don't worry, we've still been bathing, just in a shower. Caleb especially misses splashing around! That'll be the best Christmas present for him! Oh, I love holidays!

I'm glad that he gets a break because now he'll actually be HOME when he's home. Is this supposed to be prepping me for dental school? When he's studying and gone and I really won't see him for a year? That'll be really tough if that's the case.

Anyway, we're happy it's break time! A break from school, from work, from teaching, from being sick...and Caleb is even communicating so well now! He signs and points and asks and oh! it's wonderful! I feel like my efforts are finally starting to have some sort of reward!

We have lots to be grateful for; too much for a blog post, so just believe us! :-) What are you grateful for? Especially if it's out of the ordinary train of thought?

2 comments:

robinly said...

I am grateful for rental cars, semi-trucks, sunsets, technology, education, being literate, families, creamies, children's books, friends who listen, hot chocolate, laughter, and new shoes. I love you guys!

Meagan Dee said...

I am grateful for today...and tomorrow. Because what I can't scratch off the to-do list today, maybe I can tomorrow! And maybe Charlotte will be in a better mood tomorrow...