Tuesday, March 9, 2010

As old as dinosaurs...

Not really, of course, but that's what we kept telling her. Justin even made Mom a card during Sacrament Meeting (her birthday was a few weeks ago) that had a picture of a dinosaur and a bonfire engulfing the cake because of all the candles on it. :-D She thougt it was funny.


These are the cupcakes we made for her...they say "60." And they have Dinosaur sprinkles. :-)


Despite our teasing, we still showed our love for Mom on her birthday. See, Mom and DAd have a few gift cards to go to some restaurants...but they NEVER seem to make it to them. Something else ALWAYS has to be done. So, we decided that since they never go out to eat, we'll bring the restaurant to them. We splurged. We bought shrimp. It was quite pricy, but we got to enjoy it, too.


It was blackened shrimp stroganoff. And it was DELICIOUS!! Oh my goodness! We were cooking for like 3 hours to make the garlic asparagus and the spaghetti and the shrimp...and yes, both of us were cooking. Justin is a great cook. I love his help in the kitchen. It's so much fun to cook with him! Anyway, it was a hit. Home run. Slam dunk. GOOOOOOOOOOAL!
(if you want the recipe, let us know! It's pricy, like I said, but AWESOME for a special occasion)




And I think this is the video? Well, I guess not, but it's the snapshot of the video. You know how it goes. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man, that shrimp looks like it isn't on my diet... and that only makes me want it more!

where in the world do you find DINOSAUR SPRINKLES!!!???!!! That is too funny! Glad your MIL had a nice special day!

Pressett Family said...

Cute! I love your blog! You are such a good mom! I just sent you an invite to ours. Looking forward to partying with you tomorrow!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

love food! It must be so fun to cook with your husband!

And shrimp really aren't so expensive, when you look at what you pay for them in a restaurant!