Saturday, February 13, 2010

Smiles are Contagious

Aren't they though? I mean, when you see someone else smile, you have to TRY to not smile too. Even if you don't smile at THEM, or anyone in particular, you want to smile.

Now, take that contagious reaction and make the catalyst a baby;
then, make that baby YOUR baby, and you can't even try to resist smiling back.
I find myself laughing out loud becuase Caleb is so happy, so adorable, and just so plain lovable.



I've been trying for a long time to get a smile caught on camera, but the flash always takes him by surprise and within a second the smile is gone. Well, one night I decided I'd try...and try...and try. and I finally got a few!!
This is the best one. It happened to be during bath time (and yes, that is a rubber ducky...he likes them about as much as his Daddy).

See...did it make you want to smile? haha, well, if not, you're trying really hard!



Caleb also likes to be lifted up high so he can see the world all around him. He wants to be big so badly! Well, he is big; he wants to be able to do so much more.


And just a bit of a collection. These are all from the pat few weeks.
(top left, clockwise)
1. He likes books. He loves the library books, but he can't eat those, so he settles for the 3 board books we have. :-)
2. During eating time. He eats everything. And grunts angrily if we don't feed him fast enough. It's funny. I just loved this picture of his eyes.
3. He enjoys tummy time a lot more now, especially with his new toys. We found this little wire toy in the attic. BUT, the star of this picture is the cloth diaper he is wearing. (I love them, by the way!! If you're considering it and have some questions, let me know!)
4. This is another smile I caught. I was squeezing another rubber ducky for him...and it made him laugh. lol.
5. I just like this face.
6. His feet are so cute! He loves them too, which makes them even more adorable!


Well, that's the update on the little baby boy! He's almost 6 months, eating solids, wearing cloth diapers, and we're pretty sure he's cut a tooth with many others working their way out. I can't believe how big he is getting (he's in 12 month onesies)...and yes,

He makes me smile everyday!! :D

4 comments:

Charity Brown said...

He's so cute Amber!!

Meredith said...

Love it!
He (and you) totally made my day!
He's adorable! :)

Unknown said...

Ambie, let's face it. I had a huge smile on my face the entire time I was reading your post. :)

We got Gwen's present, btw. I still need to take pics of it on her to show you how cutely it fits!

and I WOULD like to hear from ya on how you've dealt with the 'challenges' of cloth diapers. I did them too, but ya know, just to see how our experiences relate and are different. I'm sure I could learn a tip or two from you. :)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

so cute! baby smiles are unbelievably precious.

it took us forever to get a picture of Jacen smiling b/c our camera was too slow. With my digital camera that can take animation-speed pictures, it was much easier with Asher.