Saturday, August 29, 2009

We Graduated!

Long time we've been in silence, but here's one thing that has happened.


We actually graduated a few days before Caleb was born, but we didn't walk or anything because of money, time, and desire. Instead, we borrowed caps and gowns from two friends and went out or about 30 minutes to take some pictures. It was a much better choice for our schedule and time frame. I mean, in the middle of moving and having a baby, who wants to spend hours at convocation and graduation and pictures??
I love this picture..my wonderful husband with my beautiful baby...Caleb is 11 days old in this picture. well, in all these pictures.

So, Justin graduated in Industrial Design and I graduated in English Linguistics. We're so happy to be finished! (Justin got a few days break after moving before school started again at Worcester State in Worcester, MA.---more on the move later.)

I love my family!! I love all the changes we've made and the adventures we are embarking on together. I wouldn't have it any other way; and there's no one else I'd rather share it with than Justin, my amazing husband...he helped me finish, in all honesty. I couldn't have survived that Winter semester when I was so sick without his love, encouragement, and personal sacrifice. He is amazing!

5 comments:

Judy said...

You guys are amazing! Congratulations! It's so exciting that you were able to finish together. I love the pics. Hope you're enjoying back east!

Angela Allen Paulsen said...

You did it, and did it ALL!! My goodness, you're amazing. Congrats friend. I'm so glad I got to be in so many of those classes that led to your BA :) Hoorah for Elang, oh and beautiful baby boys!

Linda Hart said...

Hi Sweetie,
Your blog is delightful. I love the pics. I'm with Tamara, getting updated info is nice, but one 'pic' is worth a thousand words!
We love you, Justin and especially little Caleb!
Mommy

Charity Brown said...

Congrats!!!! And, way congrats for sticking with school through awful morning sickness!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Eric and I should have done that since we knew we'd be missing convocation. Oh well. When I get my Ph.D. I'll take graduation pics. :)

I love the quiet pics of just you guys in your robes with Caleb. Very inspiring. Almost symbolic. Like all that education and achievement culminates somehow in your hopes for him.